15 Washington Drive
New Cityland, CA 91010
RE: Delivery Driver, Ref# 878732, 08/05/2014
Dear Mr. Henderson,
As an Delivery Driver with a proven background in transportation and distribution while in customer-facing positions, it is with great excitement that I submit my resume for consideration to become a member of your team. In addition to my formal education and training, I have 7 years of hands-on experiences that I can to leverage to advance Sunderland LCC’s mission.
In each of my professional roles a D
elivery Driver, I have been successful in producing positive results and I have a consistent history of advancing shared company goals. I possess an extensive knowledge of geography and demographics of the greater New Cityland area, and therefore would be able to deliver additional open routes on an as needed basis. My lifestyle enables me to drive during early and late hours, and I am comfortable driving in adverse conditions
My resume provides further detail on my talent as a Delivery Driver; it is my goal to apply these skills to the progress of a growing company. I look forward to setting up a meeting to discuss in greater detail how I can benefit Sunderland LCC.
In the interim, thank you for reviewing this letter and the attached material.
To make a great impression when applying for a position as a Delivery Driver, be sure to make a professional-looking cover letter the first thing they see. This free to download sample will make sure your application gets their attention. You can either use ours as reference to write your own, or you can download and replace our example information with your own.
If you want to learn more about how to write the best cover letters out there, read our professional guide. Or, let our cover letter builder do the work for you and construct it in minutes.
Table of Contents
- Delivery Driver Cover Letter Sample (Image)
- Delivery Driver Cover Letter (Text Format)
- 5 Tips for Writing Your Delivery Driver Cover Letter
1. Delivery Driver Cover Letter Sample & Resume (Image)
The below images show both the Delivery Driver Cover Letter and the Delivery Driver Resume. Download your own free copy by clicking the link below.
Create My Cover Letter Now
Download the Delivery Driver Cover Letter Sample in MS Word
Interested in browsing cover letters for different jobs? Dive into our database of cover letters for more examples!
2. Delivery Driver Cover Letter (Text Format)
Dec. 16, 2016
Director of Shipping
Amazon – Los Angeles Area Warehouse
412 Santa Ana Dr.
Los Angeles, CA, 90210
RE: Delivery Driver Position
Dear Mr. Kerry:
I am writing to apply for the position of Delivery Driver for Amazon, out of the Los Angeles area warehouse. I have over four years of experience driving delivery, and I am confident I could be a great addition to Amazon’s delivery driver fleet. I currently work as a driver for a local courier company – a position that involves a huge volume in daily deliveries. I have also been involved in some logistics planning, including devising more efficient routes and saving my company an estimated $1000 dollars in gas per month. They have since used this more efficient method with all drivers, saving upwards of $5000 monthly.
Beyond simple savings and volume, I have a real knack for customer service. I have received 95% positive feedback in customer surveys. I am also a safe and meticulous driver – I have been in no accidents in my four years at my current position.
Furthermore, as a driver for a water supply company, I delivered extremely heavy loads, and did so with the utmost safety on the road and in loading and unloading. I have driven loads of over 15 tons through urban Los Angeles, and across the area’s highways. Finally, I possess a “Class A” California Driver’s License and recently received my HazMat endorsement, certifying me to drive and deliver any commercial cargo.
Between my years of experience and skills as a driver, I am confident I would be a fantastic addition to Amazon’s fleet of delivery drivers. If you are so inclined, I would jump at the opportunity to visit you for an interview. Thank you for your time and consideration of my application. I look forward to hearing back from you at your convenience. Thanks again.
3. 5 Tips for Writing Your Delivery Driver Cover Letter
1. Be detailed: Make sure you write specifically about what your achievements and duties were at your past job. Being unclear not only doesn’t provide enough information, it also makes your cover letter less engaging. Specify where you can.
2. Decide what to emphasize: As a Delivery Driver applicant, you could choose to highlight either your experience or your skills and accomplishments. Obviously, you should talk about both if you have them, but consider focusing on one especially. Otherwise your letter might come across as too mixed and too long.
3. Quantify where you can: Use clear numbers wherever possible. Avoid words like “lots” or “many”. So, if you have driven extremely heavy loads, say “20+ ton loads” as opposed to “extremely heavy.”
Don’t forget to use some of the same jargon and phrasing from the employer’s job posting.
4. Sell yourself: Think of your application and cover letter as a commercial for yourself. You aren’t just explaining what you’ve done, but also trying to convince a hiring manager that you’re the best person for the job. As such, avoid writing a boring list of duties. Instead, talk about your achievements in completing those duties.
5. Copy the job posting: Don’t forget to use some of the same words and phrases from the job posting. Hiring managers are looking for specific qualities, and they include these in job postings. Avoid forcing words and phrases in awkwardly, but echoing some of the words from the post will show managers you are a perfect match for the job.
If you’re still unsure how to put together an effective cover letter, our complete guide to writing a cover letter can walk you step-by-step through the process.