Read this comprehensive essay on Computers !
Today’s generation could never ever imagine in their wildest dreams about the world, ages before, when there were no computers or any other technologies. So much we have advanced that now every information is just a click away and is in your hands 24/7. All this advancement was possible only with the introduction of a small device called the “Computer”.
Image Curtsey: csntrust.org.nz/attachments/Image/PC-picture-1.jpg?1367216528141
Basically, computer is a device that accepts the message by the imputer and processes this message and stores the information at the storage devices and later gives an output of the message through the output devices.
A simple explanation of the computer. Normally, a computer consists of a processing unit called the Central Processing Unit or the CPU and a form of memory. In the years between 1940 and 1945 were the first electronic digital computers developed. The initial sizes were as big as a room and consumed power as much as today’s personal computers.
Initially, computer was related to a person who carries out calculations or computations and as such the word computer was evolved in 1613 and continued till the end of 19th century. Later it as re-described as a machine that carries computations.
The early computers were limited in their functions. It was the fusion of automatic calculation and programmability that produced the first computers that were recognized in 1837. Charles Babbage in 1837 was the first to introduce and design a fully programmed mechanical computer, his analytical engine. Due to limited finances and inability of resisting tinkering with the design, he could not complete his work and it was later completed by his son Henry Babbage who made it into a simplified version of the analytical engine’s computing unit.
The original objective of inventing a computer was to create a fast calculating machine. During the World War II, it became very essential to understand and locate the direction and speed of the enemy weapons. Calculations had to be done accurately and mathematically and without an advanced machine it would not be possible. To defend the enemy , the front line soldiers required firing tables and only a computer could produce such firing tables with speed and accuracy at that time.
To produce the technology then, high sums of money and brain power was required. The first computer was produced by the Moore School of Engineering called the ENIAC, on behalf of the US Army which was in 1946. The ENIAC was able to produce the firing tables, by carrying out large number of calculations accurately.
Over a period of time computers have evolved and toady with the Artificial Intelligence technology, we use the most advanced kind of computers that have helped man in every sectors of life. At every generations of the computers or in fact during the evolution, each time computers are being launched that are lighter, smaller, speedier and more powerful. The computers have been a dominating factor since the 1970`s and today it has conquered almost all walks of life.
Computers are being used for various purposes today like weather forecasting, machinery operations, guidance of spacecraft and technology. Apart from these in the medical sector, it provides a great helping hand in storing information that could be referred later, in space technology, automation in banks, ticket booking through the net, traffic control, and even games could be played in computers on and many more. All these are possible only because of the characteristics that a computer posses like speedy, accuracy, reliability and integrity. It could executive over a billion instructions per second without committing any mistakes is completely reliable. The memory of the computer is so vast that it could hold in a large amount of data.
To run a computer, it is the programming that decides and it should be run in a computer. Programming is defined as a set of instructions allotted to the computer that accepts it in order to solve a problem. There are many different languages that are being used to program a computer. Some of the languages are BASIC, COBOL, C, C++, JAVA are a few to name.
With the introduction of computers, attaining information has become a lot more easier. Computers have become the backbone of Information Technology and a major application in this sector is the Internet. With the Internet, nothing is impossible today. Apart from acquiring information, one could stay connected to friends and family, a great platform for business expansions, purchasing, studying and the list just goes on, it is endless.
Computerization in almost all sectors, have created job opening for thousands. Computer education has been introduced at school levels and in primary classes, as such is the importance of acquiring the knowledge of computers. Every year there are thousands of students step out from universities and colleges across the globe into the world of computer technology and this youth is what is tomorrow’s assets in getting technology into the next level of advancement.
The computer has proved in all roles that it has been assigned. A great helping hand, in every sector that has been applied with computers. Telecommunication and satellite imagery are also computer based, which is added to the long list of applications computer holds in other fields.
With every positive, there is a negative and the same is applicable with computers also. With all the positives that one could acquire and seize, the negative side is also large. The increase in Cyber crime, pornographic websites, false identity leading to trapping of youngsters and many more. Yet , the advantages are more outnumbered and there are many preventive measures also introduced to stop the negative aspects.
The world would not have been what it is today, had there not been an entry to this great machine even though in the crude form, ages before us. Computer has a great future and we just have to keep a watch and mark the changes coming to it.
With the invention of computers, our life really has become much easier. Today devices are everywhere with us: at home, in the office, in educational institutions.Computers opened up a world of new opportunities before us and they made life more comfortable, saved our time. Now the Internet has brought dependency and is the most successful thief of the time. But this is another question, now we are not talking about this. Our custom essay service invites you to read the essay on computer. We have tried to ensure that all our services meet your requirements to the maximum.
The role of computers in our life
Yes, technology has surpassed all expectations and completely changed our lives. Unfortunately, most of the functions are destructively useless and unnecessary because mankind has lived peacefully without them. But thanks to them people make money, and very large sums of money. Computers opened before us a virtual world, which unfortunately most people have replaced the real one.
At first computers were very expensive and only some of us could afford such a luxury. Even few firms could boast of having computers. Today computer is not a luxury, but an object of necessity. Try to study without having a computer, a laptop, or a tablet at home or even during the classes (http://livecustomwriting.com/blog/books-or-computers-at-school-choose-wisely). All devices must be connected to the network. Or maybe you think that modern students sit out hours in the library and rewriting information from books, as their dads and moms did? Of course, you do not think so.
It takes hours of time to list how many new professions emerged thanks to the computer industry and online world. I'm already silent of activities of professional hackers. Suppose you’re not the director of Microsoft, only regular office worker, never forget about the danger to which all information data is exposed in computer databases. Try to protect not only personal accounts and information. Just save your time while you’re doing home task, then read about this company.
Also in this section:
Influence of computers on human health
Probably adults guess that hours spent sitting at the computer can’t pass for health for anything. For example, the person often work with computers, then he knows frequent headache, fatigue, pain and constant eye strain, trouble sleeping, back and back pain (due to improper posture during work). Oh, this list can be listed for a very long time. If you believe the data of the questionnaire, then almost all people know that the computer can be really harmful our health, but most simply ignore or do not take this fact seriously. Dozens of the computer essays were published.
You can easily find the information of the history of this device, the computer addiction (http://livecustomwriting.com/blog/computer-addiction-how-to-deal-with) etc.
If now you almost do not feel any deterioration in your health, then in the near future they will overtake you. Therefore, do not be lazy, follow the advice of doctors, control your pose during work, buy special goggles, do exercises, do not exceed the permissible time for working at the computer. Yes, there are a lot of ways and you just need to have the desire not to hurt yourself.
Modern children grow with computers. They know how to use different devices from an early age. It's not a problem for a three-year-old child to find a cartoon on a laptop, or download your favorite game on iPhone. And parents need to take care of the child's vision (it should not be spoiled so early). Students are already able to control the time at the computer. Remember, nothing can be more important than your health. We are already adults and we are responsible for our own actions. So be wise, take care of yourself and do not forget about your health. If you feel good now, does not mean that it will always be so.
And did you know that…
Let us tell you some funny but true facts about computers and the computer industry. I know that most of us are familiar with computer technology since childhood, but I'm sure you've never thought about some details related to the operation of such devices. It took years to create the first portable computer, besides it was far from the perfect one. But for the last 20 years the technology has been improved so much that people every day release new models and come up with new functions. To realize your idea now you just need money and a little time.
1) Do you remember the good old days, when we carefully recorded information on shiny discs? They had different formats, the most common of which are DVD and CD. So, you know why the duration of recording on the CD was never more than 72 minutes? The answer is here: the creators of the device were guided by the time of sounding the ninth symphony of the Beethoven.
2) Have you ever noticed that people who work a lot or just sit at a computer even blink at another way? Thanks to computer technology, now we have an interesting disease called the syndrome of office vision. A feature of people who suffer from this syndrome is that they can blink just 7 times per minute. Here's some information to compare: on average, a normal and healthy adult blinks 15 to 20 times per minute.
3) Next fact is rather funny. Suppose, everybody knows in our world a person does not represent life without computers, but it's not like that. Please, remember the cyberobobs are still alive. Who are they? They afraid even ideas get close to devices and all that is connected with them. Such thoughts plunge them into fear and horror. I hope you are not one of them, because then you would not have read the essay to this place.
4) The first e-mail was sent in 1971 and at the same time the icon @ was used for the first time.
5) Now let's talk a little about office workers. People who work at a computer are really tempted to use their working time for personal purposes. This applies to their time on the Internet and the various computer games. It is dreadful that according to special researches the most common office worker spends half a billion hours on computer games. I'm not talking about correspondence and social networks. This is a real degradation, is not it? So the productivity at the same time suffers for 10 billion dollars.
With a smile, I remember the time when at the university we needed to take certificates from the secretary. The girl was sitting at the computer with so much focused look, sometimes she did not immediately respond to the request. You can feel uncomfortable to disturb such a busy person. But if you look a little at the rack, you could see popular game on the computer screen called Farm. Here you milk cows, prepare cheese, collect eggs. Suddenly you ask a person about certificate?
6) Today, almost everyone knows what spam is, but who knows how to deal with it. An interesting fact from statistics – spam was sent out in one year. Translate into a percentage, then it will be 94% of all e-mail.
7) It's not a secret that from time to time (and sometimes very often) office computers break down. So, I'll tell you, dear employees, if you drank less coffee or tea in front of your computer screen, life would be easier, not for you of course, but for your device. Most of the failures are due to the fact that liquid was spilled onto the keyboard, the second frequent cause of breakdown is frequent changes in the power supply network.
8) Honestly, I'm not surprised by the fact that now people are not very inventive. After all, most of us when come up with a real password and consider this task very difficult. System administrators are generally shocked by the fact that the most popular passwords are such sets of digits 12345, 123456, 11111, 55555, 77777. There are especially clever people (4%) who have the same password and login the same. Well, your laziness makes life much easier for hackers. This essay editor company can help every student.
Today manufacturers continue to work on updating gadgets, creating computer programs and useful software, expanding the capabilities of devices that will further improve their work and provide users access to the latest applications and utilities. Hope an essay on computer was not like the others, we tried to approach it in a non-standard way. Our essay rewriting help is available around the clock.